Tuesday, June 19, 2012

family photoshoot // carmen + ray + baby matthew.

 Pictures by Jin Chu Ferrer of Contradiction of Sorts.

Meet Carmen and Ray. Long time friends (12+ yrs?) and one of Jincent's fave FAVE fave couples out there. They're fun-loving, unassuming, and an incredibly humble pair (all the finer qualities of an Aggie) and have been supporting my photography since the early days of artsy still photos and Irfan edits (hey, before you judge me, that was 10 years ago and it was the simplest photo editing tool I could find!) Even back in the day, Ray would persistently persuade me into upgrading to an slr. Nope, I wouldn't do it. I was content with my POV spin on life's little overlooked scenes with my trusty point and shoot by my side. Okay, honestly I didn't want to get technical. That's what my crappy Irfan edit was for. Obviously all that changed when I realized how limited I was with just the barest of the bare essentials. That revelation was partly due to Ray's unrelenting support.

So thank you Ray and Carmen for letting my creative outlet grow. And for the honor of capturing fleeting moments that one January day.

besos ... jin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips