Friday, October 5, 2012

[diy] burlap boutonnières.

There are so many great non-traditional boutonniere ideas out there. All kinds of flowers in the form of ribbons and feathers and chiffon and such.  But they are all popular recurring themes among the indie brides, it seems, and so in an odd way, they're becoming too trendy and typical in the indie wedding universe. Quite the oxymoron, I know, but yah! I guess that could really happen! Then one day I stumbled upon one of the more unique of all unique ideas out there, that had the best of ALL worlds nestled together harmoniously.  Nope, I have not seen that at all. (Welp, except that one wedding I found it in.) And it fits right in with me and V's wedding perfectly! So why the heck not? 
Burlap, hemp, ribbon, feathers, buttons, skewers, tulle, chiffon, embroidery thread. All very attainable from Hobby Lobby.  And all hot glued down together on a piece of cardboard. With a lil help from Miss Hanhsters, who did a fantabulous job sewing the yellow thread into the ribbon. =) 

Here's the template I've used, with a lil Jin twist, of course!
Ohai, groom and groomsdudes! Looking dapper, dashing, and debonaire, if I do say so myself. ;-)

besos ... jin.

{First two pics by me; Rest by BaoTran Gia Pham of Red Fly Photography}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips