Wednesday, March 13, 2013

introducing throwback travel thursdays.

Designer unknown, via Beers and Beans.

Sometime in 2003 I was mindlessly sitting in a mundane lecture, on my way to a second Science degree, when two things dawned on me. First, whatever possessed me to pursue 2 degrees in the same discipline?? Second, why was I playing along with societal norms and conventional routine? I didn't want to be a carbon copy of everyone else! So for the next 7 years I embarked on a cultural journey. Jumping head first into the rabbit's hole, traveling near and far, experiencing anything and everything, opening my eyes to all facets of life, broadening my perspective and personal knowledge. And I tell you what, one of the best decisions in my life. Evar. It was refreshing to step outside the comfort zone and be surrounded by non-judgemental and open-minded peoples! I loved it! Now 50 countries later and a 2 year hiatus - I whole-heartedly miss it all. It's kinda hard to let go of a lifestyle that you've known for so long, eh? Especially one that let's you march at the beat of your own drum.

So with that said, I'll be sharing (and reminiscing) past epic travels on (most) Thursdays. Join in on the past glory days of this former traveler until she can travel full-time again, will ya? =)

besos ... jin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips