Friday, June 7, 2013

[diy] gold leaf terra cotta pot.

diy // gold leaf terra cotta pot.
diy // gold leaf terra cotta pot.
diy // gold leaf terra cotta pot.

Papa Chu recently gave me a basil-in-a-terra-cotta-pot (which is awesome considering all my other herbs just died =X) and I thought the pot itself needed some sprucing up. In need of a lil Jin treatment, ya know? It just looked so so naked and normal and ... blah, for lack of a better term. In comes this tutorial to solve that conundrum of normalcy.

First off - I couldn't justify getting the individual materials and so opted for a Gold Leaf Starter Kit to test the waters out. I wasn't quite ready to gild my lil heart out and ... what if it turned out to be uber hard? Well, it didn't. Just a lil messy at first, with the sticky fingers and the breezy conditions. Then I found this technique to be a life saver and it was smooth sailing from there on out. Done-zo in no time.

Verdict? I love how my patio has that touch of Old World vibe. A little bit of whimsy, a little bit of pretty, a little bit of unexpected, but not wholly pristine. Perfectly imperfect. Totally diggin' the mix of luxe and rustic!

besos ... jin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips