Wednesday, September 25, 2013

diy // tissue tassel balloons.

diy // tissue tassel.

I love it when something so ordinary can be transformed into a whimsical beauty in a matter of minutes. Especially one that only needs a simple, insanely easy AND cheap twist to it's facade, such as these gold + mint tassels hanging off my otherwise ho-hum birthday balloons a few weeks ago. Now that's a vast transformation. It kinda makes birthdays fun again, if you're in your 30s (like me) and dreads getting older (like me). =/ Anyways, got 30 minutes? Here's how!

diy // tissue tassel.

Materials // Tissue paper, balloons (picked up from Party City), and scissors. (That twine in there is for the DIY tissue tassel garland, if ya ever wanna go that route. I kinda played with the idea after sprucing up my balloons.)

How to // Now I'd be lying if I said you don't need a step-by-step pictoral spread. Of course you need step-by-step pix! I didn't realize this until after the fact, as I sit here, attempting to list off written directions, thinking, 'This is confusing ish, man!' World's worse DIY tissue tassel directions ever, I know. But too lazy to go back and take step-by-step pix, here's the DIY tutorial from Designs by Nicolina that I based my tassels on. I didn't have a cutter on hand and used scissors instead, which is probably a much longer process. I also didn't cut the last piece all the way through. After the rolling process, I simply wrapped the rolled-up piece around the knotted end of the balloon and twisted away to secure. 1 or 2 tassels per balloon is the max before gravity takes over.

The easy way out on the directions, I'm sure, but honestly, I just really, really wanted to take pictures of the finished product. My favorite step in any DIY! And something I would rather do on my birthday anyways, getting inexplicably lost in the moment, snapping away at pretty things. All day long if I had a choice. Here are a few selects for your viewing pleasure.

diy // tissue tassel.
diy // tissue tassel.
diy // tissue tassel.
diy // tissue tassel.
diy // tissue tassel.
diy // tissue tassel.

I would love to deck out a giant balloon with tons of tassels like these lovely Geronimo! creations, (an idea for a photoshoot that I've been meaning to do for, like, years) but this DIY was a last minute thing and had to settle with easily attainable materials in a hurry. So last minute, I've actually started and finished the project on my birthday! Queen of last-minute projects right here!

besos ... jin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips