Tuesday, March 18, 2014

diy // hanging vases.

diy // hanging vases.

I had it all planned out when I first saw these hanging vases from ModCloth. Go to Hobby Lobby, check out the selection of mini vases, buy the mini vases, tie them up with hemp, hang all off a nail, fill with water, decorate with purdy spring flowers. Sounds easy enough, right? Really nothing to it. Now I just have to wait for the glass sale to pop up at Hob to the Lob and master plan is a go-go. So just when I was about to purchase, A Beautiful Mess posted their version of the ModCloth Hanging Vase Display. And zang. Everything about it is so much better than what I had in mind. Particularly the mini vases they snagged from CB2. I must have them! Style, size, weight - they're absolutely perfect. So what if they were $30 more than what I would have spent at Hobby Lobby? When they're the ones - they're the ones.

diy // hanging vases.
diy // hanging vases.
diy // hanging vases.

Materials // Short and Long neck mini vases. Hemp. Long nail. Hammer.

diy // hanging vases.
diy // hanging vases.
diy // hanging vases.

I'm diggin' the dual functionality of the hanging display. A mini garden and unique home decor all in one. And oh-so-classy! I hate to say it, but the clean lines and minimalist appearance gives a grown up sense in my living room. Me! A grown up! Hah! (Guess it had to happen one of these days. =/)

besos ... jin.

2 comments:

  1. i love this idea jin! you're ready for spring =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mucho thnx, hun! spring ready, fa sho! i'm having way too much fun switching out flowers every 2 weeks with different colors and various floral styles. =) totally lovin' this spring project!

      Delete

Blogging tips